Official Firmware Pipo Mix M2 new firmware posted 31-10-12

Discussion in 'Firmware, ROMs & Recovery' started by kajacro, Nov 1, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. kajacro

kajacro Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2
    Phone:
    HTC Desire HD
  2. kajacro

kajacro Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2
    Phone:
    HTC Desire HD
    Apparently Pipo may have changed the build of the latest M2s so exercise caution with this update.

3. Nik

Nik Member

New official custom firmware for PiPo Mix M2 (WiFi version, I'm not really interested in 3G one and not sure why anyone with an Android phone would be) sounds like great news!!! I've been waiting for awhile for this as this is the only thing holding me back from buying this tablet (JB firmware, custom firmware support)!

Is this firmware Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.1)?
    Does it work properly?
    Would you buy again this tablet now that you've been using it for awhile (heard it has good IPS screen, stereo front speakers, good built quality and also battery life, is this true?)?

4. kajacro

kajacro Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2
    Phone:
    HTC Desire HD
    I haven't tried the firmware Nik. I don't want to risk it TBH, because of it being for apparently a different build. This web page gives you an idea of what I mean.
    I imagine it IS 4.1.1. I also imagine if you get one from here in, it will be the new build.
    I thought that going back to 4.01 would drive me crazy, but actually this tab is so good, I really don't care. It fast, no keyboard lag , and great video playback. The front speakers are excellent. Oddly the battery only charges when the tab is ON, which is strange, but I've gotten used to that easily. The WiFi is OK, I think that depends a lot on your WiFi set up in your house anyway; I've had no problems with mine, though it could be a bit faster to come in when you start up.
    It's quite chunky, (though not heavy) with its squared edges but again I've soon got used to it. It hasn't let me down with anything so far, like my last tablet embarrassed me once when I tried to show some friends a picasa slideshow and it took ages to transition and load up each photo, but this works great.
    So yes, recommended.
    Edit: I should perhaps add that there has been some activity on Flash My Android with a custom rom, and that I've been unable as yet to install CWM recovery on the tab to try it out :(

5. fredphoesh

fredphoesh Member

Are you saying then that by the same token one could question why one would have a tablet at all if you have an android phone? I don't follow the logic, a 3g card in a tablet is GREAT for travelling on holiday, no need to demolish your phone battery, tablet lasts much longer.

Sent from my Decontaminate V2.1 using Tapatalk 2

6. kajacro

kajacro Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2
    Phone:
    HTC Desire HD
    "a 3g card in a tablet is GREAT for travelling on holiday, no need to demolish your phone battery,"
    Depends on how much you travel, I'd say. Personally, I pick hotels with wi-fi and if there's no wi-fi, yes, I use my phone as a portable hotspot, but I'm only in that situation 2 or three times a year. I decided against paying the extra for the 3g M2.

fredphoesh, does "sent from my Decontaminate v2.1" indicate that you managed to get decontaminate on your M2? If so, please post how that went; or have I missed you somewhere else?

7. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    I got mine as a gift that came from China. I only used it for a grand total of maybe 5 hours and while watching a YouTube video, my Pipo M2 just turned itself off. After I turned it back on again, the touchscreen was dead. Everything works; but it doesn't recognize you swiping your fingers. I had a USB keyboard that I could connect to the USB port of the tablet and it works while I use the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate from page to page; but sadly, the touchscreen never worked again.

I even pressed the reset button on the back and through the keyboard, reset the tablet back to factory defaults which didn't solve the problem.

8. kajacro

kajacro Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2
    Phone:
    HTC Desire HD
    Bummer! If I were you I would re-install the factory firmware using the Pipo Upgrade tool. This is better than just resetting to factory defaults in this instance because it should enable the touch screen again. Can give you some links and guidance if you need it.

9. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    Thanks so much for the post kajacro.
    I don't have any experience with these Pipos what so ever. By the Pipo Upgrade Tool, are you referring to the update option found in the SETTINGS of Android? I see two options that deal with updating the device. One of them being the option to Update the Rockchip. I tried both of these updates but nothing was available.

Any links and guidance (as much details as possible) would be GREATLY appreciated.

10. kajacro

kajacro Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2
    Phone:
    HTC Desire HD
    Ok delucrob I'll jot a few pointers down tomorrow. There are no options to update the Rockchip in my Pipo so I suspect you have the newer version.Does your info in About tablet tally with mine?
    2012.11.23-20.53.03 (Small).jpeg

11. kajacro

kajacro Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2
    Phone:
    HTC Desire HD
    I've had to re-flash my firmware twice, but I'm no expert! Depending on what model you have you will need to download the correct firmware; see link below. Good luck.
    Adapted from http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?1035-GUIDE-Updating-the-Cube-U30GT
    Re-flashing (or updating) Pipo firmware

1. Requirements:
    ·Rockchip Batch Tool v1.5
    ·Pipo M2 firmware post #15
    ·Windows PC

·USB Cable

2. Initial setup

·Extract the Batch Tool (RBT in the following) package. It includes the needed drivers too!
    ·Extract the downloaded firmware image
    ·Run RBT, and browse the image file in
    ·If everything done right, you should see some info printed in the fields, like the current version of the firmware, Android, the board (RK30), etc

3. Installing device drivers

At this point I would intervene and say that I installed my drivers using pda.net, a utility which installs the drivers in the course of installing itself. I did this with the tablet attached by usb, with usb debugging ticked.
    I should also say that when you use the RKBT you should UNTICK usb debugging.

·Shut down your tablet
    ·Press any of the volume keys, then press the power button
    ·Holding the two buttons, plug the USB into your tablet (Very hard to do. I had my usb lead plugged in all the way.)
    ·As Windows notices the new device, (the Pipo boot screen will momentarily start – don’t let go! If you hold on the screen will go completely black. This, I believe, is flash mode) release the two buttons.
    ·If you have installed pda.net don’t worry about the next bit – the interface of the RKB tool should indicate by various parts turning green that your tablet is recognised – also if you keep your pc’s sound up you will hear the”usb device connected” sound. You can hold in the two buttons again if that doesn’t happen straight away.
    ·(When asked for drivers, browse to the extracted RBT directory, select the directory "Drivers", and let Windows install the matching ones)
    ·When finished, you should see one of the fields in RBT turn green from grey

4. Installing the new firmware

·After plugging in the tablet, and the green field pops up on the bottom, press the "Upgrade" button
    ·You should see the green field turning to orange wall of text, telling every part being flashed
    ·If everything done right, you should see a message like this:

**********Upgrade Done Success<%d> Fail<%d> Time<%d>ms**********
    Of course the %d parts replaced with numbers.

·If it finished without a problem, the tablet should boot up immediately. If not, just press the power button, and wait until it boots.

12. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    Wow, thanks very much kajacro. Your level of detail is amazing. I am going to try everything since I have absolutely nothing to lose. Shipping it back to China for repairs isn't an option due to the cost involved. I'm sending a picture I took from my Pipo's settings. Let me know what you think.
    pipo_M2.JPG

13. kajacro

kajacro Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2
    Phone:
    HTC Desire HD
    It looks like you've got the new version of the M2, so you need to use the one tagged _new PCBA (if indeed you have a WiFi Mix M2 and not a Max M2 3G).
    I just adapted some other instructions as in the top link I gave, with my own tips from my experience. Hope it helps. Let me know how you get on; as you say you have nothing to lose.

14. lazyboy00

lazyboy00 Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2 3g
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150
    I have got the same Build number, but a different Kernel on mine.

Anyway, it's crazy that Rockchip Batch Tool v1.5
    let just flash firmwares, not backup them!

15. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    Hi kajacro. The label on the back of my Pipo is "Pipo Max-M2". It has a slot for a SIM card but 3G isn't built into the tablet. If I choose to buy a mobile data plan, I can always add a SIM to it. Currently, it's only running on WIFI.

Does this make a difference to the firmware available to download? Seems a bit confusing because it appears there are different versions of this M2 tablet floating around.

16. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    Lazyboy00, does your Pipo M2 actually have something like "Pipo M2 3G" printed on the back of the device next to the serial number? To choose the right firmware, I want to be 100% sure that I'm not downloading the firmware for a different model of Pipo. The label on the back of my Pipo actually says "Pipo Max-M2" close to the serial number.

17. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    I think the firmware I need for my device is :

M2 WiFi has 2 x versions
    1) Firmware of M2_20120904__new PCBA - which when you download it is ACTUALLY called "PIPO_M2-(PCBA)120924_update" https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7y...jFQNWNISmM2OW8

18. lazyboy00

lazyboy00 Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2 3g
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150
    Mine is labeled Pipo MAX-M2, but it has a working sim slot (i tested it).

19. kajacro

kajacro Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2
    Phone:
    HTC Desire HD
  20. mkh

mkh Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2 Max with inbuilt 3G
    Phone:
    Await ramos quad HD with 3G
    delucrob if there is a sim slot it is the 3G version pipo max m2...no where in my cover or tablet says 3G only a sticker of 3g WCDMA is stuck on the cover..u have to activate the sim for 3G on a mobile device (phone) and then only put it in the tablet to use the 3G..

mine is the latest pipo m2 3G model withfirmware dsh975 20121106..the box as well as the back of the tablet says pipo max m2...to conclude max is 3G model and mix is the wifi only model

the firmware for the 3G model max is not compatible with the wifi only mix model..so cant flash one for other for sure..

i had some other user tel me that dsh973 20121108 given on pipo site for the pipo max m2 is the same as the dsh975 20121106 that comes installed in the lates version..but not sure..

maybe i wil install decontaminate version 3 by tab modder from FMA and see if its the same..

Remove Advertisements