Official Firmware Pipo Mix M2 new firmware posted 31-10-12

Discussion in 'Firmware, ROMs & Recovery' started by kajacro, Nov 1, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    I will take a chance and download and update the "update_PIPO_M2_3G_08112012_DS973H.img" and see if my touchscreen comes back to life. I just hope it's not a failed hardware that's causing the touch issue. This firmware seems to be from Nov 8th and my original firmware is from Sep 24th.

Thanks to kajacro, lazyboy00 and mkh for all your patience, detail and explanations. You guys are the best. I'll keep you posted as to what happen with the firmware update.

2. lazyboy00

lazyboy00 Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2 3g
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150
    you are welcome. there are not yet many users of these pipo tablet and it is very important for us to share our experience and knowledge. good luck with the flashing
    and please keep us posted.

3. Joe Navon

Joe Navon Member

Tablet:
    PIPO MAX M2
    Kajacro can you also help please. I purchased a PIPO Max -M2 just a month ago and lend it to my duaghter and she downloaded two google game aps and now the touch screen does not work. I havre to use the keyboard to go online. I push on the reset button on the back and it does not work and also did a factory reset and that does not work and also remove the sim card. Everything was working fine and support in China does not respond back to me. I heard downloading the firmware and reinstalling may help but I attempted to do it from the tablet but was not sucessful. I noticed the file is in RAR format. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. JOE

4. lazyboy00

lazyboy00 Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2 3g
    Phone:
    Try reinstalling stock firmware. First you should check the version of your original firmware, then you can download the correspongind one here.
    How-to on flashing is available here or here.

RAR files are compressed files, you have to extract them with WinRar.

5. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    Hi Joe.
    I'm in the same boat and the guys here are very good in explaining details. My Pipo M2's touchscreen stopped working while wathching a YouTube video. I doubt very much your daughter's app downloads had anything to do with the touchscreen stop working. It was just a coincidence.
    The guys here are very technical and have suggested flashing the firmware. Just like you, I tried flashing the firmware this weekend and couldn't make sense out of it since I've never done anything like this before. One of my relatives is coming over for the Christmas holidays and he knows all about firmware flashing and Android devices and so on. I'll report back when that happens; but in the mean time, I am using my Pipo with the keyboard. Very painful.

Please post your progress here in case you do endup managing to flash your firmware and fix the problem.

6. lazyboy00

lazyboy00 Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2 3g
    Phone:
  7. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    Hi guys. Just to give you all an update on the touchscreen problem I have with my Pipo M2 3G. I finally managed to get the firmware updated over the holidays. Sad to report, the firmware update didn't solve the dead touchscreen problem. Thanks to Lazyboy00 who posted the news about the latest firmware update from Pipo above. I downloaded this update first but after the firmware was flashed, I noticed that this update is simply the firmware version from Sept 24, 2012; but only has all the Chinese apps removed. I re-flashed the firmware to the Nov 8, 2012 version (still has all the Chinese apps included), but again; sadly even though the firmware flash was successful, the touchscreen remains dead. I managed to plug in the USB keyboard and scroll down to the "About this tablet" to confirm that the firmware flash took place.

I've emailed someone at Pipo (Amy) who suggested I send the tablet back to Hong Kong for repairs. She said after they fix it, they'll send it right back. I packaged up my Pipo and took it to a local UPS store to ship it and found out it'll cost $190 to have it shipped from Canada. The box only weighed 2 pounds.

Oh well. I guess sometimes you end up with a bum unit. I'm sure this is a more widespread problem with these units than the couple that have been reported here. It'll just be a matter of time before some electronics whiz figures out what the hardware problem is and what the fix for it can be.

Thanks again to everyone for keeping this link open and discussions going.

8. delucrob

delucrob Member

Tablet:
    Pipo Max M2
    Hi guys. Not sure if this is allowed to post names of other forums; but there's apparently a fix for this dead touchscreen issue. It's posted in a forum called SlateDroid.
    Apparently you can crack open the case and solder on a diode on the board. The forum has pictures of the board along with specific information on what type of diode to use. Anyone with some soldering skill can do it :

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41687-solved-mod-pipo-m3-touchscreen-issue/

9. lazyboy00

lazyboy00 Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M2 3g
    Phone:
    Hey guys, we have a new stock firmware for Pipo M2 3g new_PCBA.

According to Pipo's customer support, M2 3G software_english version_20130123 is an updated version of PIPO_M2_3G_08112012_DS973H.
    scarytas from FMA has uploaded it here: http://db.tt/e98Z2oiM

10. scarytas

scarytas Member

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy 7.7 GT-P6800
    Phone:
    ASUS Transformer TF300
    My tablet arrived a couple of days ago and I on the hunt for the latest firmware update and / or TNT or Decontaminate to go with it.
    Antutu reports mine as a DS975.
    There are a varity of new firmware available from PIPO, but...
    These PIPO firmware names are doing my head in :)

Are these one and the same
    Your firmware:
    RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00 DS975-eng 4.1.1 JRO03H 20121106.144826 release-keys"

My firmware:
    RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00 PCB-V1.4-eng 4.1.1 JRO03H 20121106.144826 release-keys"

11. tancioste

tancioste Member

Tablet:
    PIPO M2 3G
    Hi,
    My PIPO M2 3G arrived 20 days ago and it has the following firmware:
    RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00 PCB-V1.4-eng 4.1.1 JRO03H 20121106.144826 release-keys"

Does anyone know the difference between the above version and the DS975 ?
    Which stock firmware from the PIPO website should I use to re-flash my tablet?
    Does anyone installed CWM with stock firmware? I really like to use CWM to create a complete backup but I do not want to use custom rom?
    Thanks

Stefano

Remove Advertisements