purchased my Yuandao N101 from Elijah Store

Discussion in 'N101 Order, Shipping and Experience' started by trn76, Aug 2, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. trn76

trn76 Member

Tablet:
    Window/Yuandao N101
    Hi everyone.

Today I purchased my Yuandao N101 from Elijah Store @ Alixpress, so I'm currently a bit excited about delivery time (they say they have it in stock).
    The store have pretty good feedback and good price, so I'm guessing and hoping that it will be shipped out fast (looking at my order, and they have confirmed my purchase).
    I never owned a tablet before, (currently owning a HTC One and iPhone 4s) so im pretty excited about it really... :mrgreen:

I will report back my experience with you!

09 aug. Update:
    Recieved my tracking number today.
    The package is at Pickup in Hong Kong via DHL.

13 aug. Update:
    Tablet received today from DHL. That is what I call fast delivery :D
    Best part was that I got away with no customs to pay...
    Ok, I will play around and see what I find, so here are a screenshot of the model etc:

15 aug update:
    Been using my N101 for a few days now, and I am quite happy with it.
    There are however 2 more serious flaus I found:

1: The WiFi seem to connect at good speed (40-70 Mbps), but as soon as I start using the nett it will drop to 5Mbps....I usually get max 5Mbps, on a "good day" I get 10Mbps, and never more than 2.5Mbps upload.
    This is all tested on a very good Wifi connection, and full duplex internett 70/70Mbps.... every other device I've tried can manage 70Mbps (iPhone, HTC phone, 3 elitebooks). - WPA PSK.
    So I hope this can be improved with a firmware update.

2: Analog sound output is REALLY bad..The hiss people is talking about seems to be the lack of bit-resolution!
    Im not sure, but it sound as it is playing using 10bit resolution, and if you listen to it you notice there is the most quiet parts of the sound that suffers..And if you crank the volume down it is almost all noise...so the DAC turns down the volume before going into the DA Converter.

Too bad, and I really hope someone will find a solution/improvement to both theese problems.

But all in all.....Im very happy with my N101, using it all day...even at work :cool:

Attached Files:

2. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    hope it will arrive fast and enjoy

3. trn76

trn76 Member

Tablet:
    Window/Yuandao N101
    Thanks...
    It was the releases of new firmwares and custom fw that finally made my decision on what tablet to buy!

4. YuandaoNorway

YuandaoNorway Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Hello,

I also ordered this device from Elijah store :D Price was good, and they have good reputation, don't you think? I can't wait for it to arrive!
    Did you buy any accessories?

5. PyromaniacB

PyromaniacB Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung GT-N7100
    TV Stick:
    MK808 TV Stick
    I've ordered from Elijah too. Supposedly the tablet should be shipped Monday as they get new stock, I really hope that's the case. I've been extending the time a couple of times now.

I hope you guys get your tablets from the Monday's batch, too. But I understand Elijah and it's not really surprising as this tablet has become super popular, I think we can thank the Vondroid community for that :)

I didn't include any accessories with my order, I'm going to rely on eBay with that kind of stuff :D

6. Tuen

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    there are always cheaper accesoiries on ebay to order xD (i'm doing the same way xD)

7. donovanh

donovanh Member

Tablet:
    Window N101
    I received mine from Elijah on 23 July (and I'm very pleased with it, all works well.

A friend ordered his on the 24th though and still hasn't got it - it all depends on whether they have any in stock. If they don't then expect false shipping references and tales of it being lost and more stock in 3 days time. I don't doubt it will arrive but you may need to be patient...

8. rattejong

rattejong Member

Hello Tuen,

I registered on this forum because i've ordered myself a new Window N101 too, and now i'm looking for accessoires for the tab.
    Already found out the Galaxy 10.1'' cases wont fit as it doesn't have the same dimensions, could you provide links of items that do fit the pad?
    Pretty much looking for a sleeve and a TPU case, thank you.

9. Piers

Piers Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See signature
    Phone:
    See signature
    TV Stick:
    See signature
    Any generic 10.1 case with 4 corner holders will fit, they are around £9 on eBay. Welcome btw.

10. rattejong

rattejong Member

Thanks but the height of the 10.1 galaxy tab is a little higher, so the TPU case wouldn't fit as it should.
    I'm looking for something like this which i bought for my phone: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/New-Pink-Soft-TP ... 3cc75123d0 :)

/edit,
    Not pink, just the material and the way it fits on the machine. :D :oops:

11. trn76

trn76 Member

Tablet:
    Window/Yuandao N101
    Yeah, the store seems fairly good priced, good reputation and good service.
    They contacted me because they believed that my city was in "a remote area"... so first I though they tried to scam me, because I had to pay 30$ extra for shipping - but that was only according to DHL and it's online City-code database, so we cleared that up and all is good!

I ordered that Android sleeve because it was so cheap (but I don't think I'll use it, heeh), so I went looking for a proper casing that fits the N101 and found this:
    http://www.chinaeshops.com/window-yuandao-n101-leather-case-cover-with-stand-101-inch_p8723.html seems nice enought

..and yeah, there was the releases of new firmwares and this forum that helped me decide to go for the N101!

Still waiting for the N101 to be shipped out! :cool:

12. PyromaniacB

PyromaniacB Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung GT-N7100
    TV Stick:
    MK808 TV Stick
    I'm afraid I haven't seen any gel cases for the Window N101 yet.

13. Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector Member

Tablet:
    Google Nexus 7
    Phone:
    Pipo Movie M3
    Finally ordered one today from Elijah too :!:

Ordered the black 32Gb oem one and got a further 5% reduction for using Mastercard :D
    Total was 218 usd using DHL shipping to the UK.

Jez

14. PyromaniacB

PyromaniacB Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung GT-N7100
    TV Stick:
    MK808 TV Stick
    A Mastercard would be nice indeed, but I'm sticking with my Visa Electron as it has not failed any online purchases yet :D
    I've understood that Elijah gets new stock on Monday, hopefully you (and me!) will get one from that batch! Did you choose the N101 or the N101 2?

15. Tuen

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    If i can re-choose, i'll go for a N101 because the second version is more ugly then the first version (srry for that word).

16. wolfee

wolfee Member

Purchased n101 2 from them today cost around $222 AUD incl EMS delivery! hopefully the QC is good and shipping is fast ill keep you updated.

i assume the n101 2 is better to get as it's more recent, also the pictures has the n101 logo does that mean its original?

17. aacheney

aacheney Member

I purchased a N101 on the 19th from Elijah Store. They asked for a extension a few times due to having no black stock, then they told me(23 Jul 2012) that it would mid august. So I would have to settle with a grey one. They then shipped it on the 29 Jul via ems but strangely the tracking number does not show anything. They told me mid last week they have contacted there shipper and ems to see what is going on.

18. Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector Member

Tablet:
    Google Nexus 7
    Phone:
    Pipo Movie M3
    I chose the N101; don't see the point of the N101 2 (1 speaker - what were they thinking!)

Jez

19. PyromaniacB

PyromaniacB Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung GT-N7100
    TV Stick:
    MK808 TV Stick
    Yeah, the N101 2 is clearly a step back. I don't even like the design at all. From my perspective, very change they have made with the N101 2 has gone to the wrong direction :D
    The N101 is a much better choice in my opinion.

Tomorrow I'll hear if the tablet will be shipped or not. If I had known this'll take so much time and extensions I would've ordered from myefox by now, saving some money too, and the hassle with customs :evil:

20. smokieg

smokieg Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Ordered 2 x n101 from Elijah also,i was told to use the N1012 link and make a note in the message to seller which i did i just hope they don't send me the N1012's i was really specific in not wanting the uglier mono N1012.

postage hopefully Wednesday all up cost to Australia for:
    2 x N101 tablets
    1 x Leather case
    1 X keyboard case
    2 pcs screen protectors
    DHL delivery US$462 / AU$442

Also managed to find AU 5V 2A power adapters on ebay for AU$20 delivered.

Remove Advertisements