purchased my Yuandao N101 from Elijah Store

Discussion in 'N101 Order, Shipping and Experience' started by trn76, Aug 2, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. aacheney

aacheney Member

Have they shipped it off yet? They are still screwing me around.

Thank you

2. smokieg

smokieg Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Not yet they claimed on Friday night via online chat to be receiving N101's in stock on Wednesday and N1012's in today. Just found out off another forum that the newer N1012 have a different charger 9V 2A and less charging time.
    Edit: just looked at the pictures posted here and it says 12V on the back.

3. aacheney

aacheney Member

Keep on them about it.

4. smokieg

smokieg Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S2

Just spoke to them via the trademanager chat they claim to have received stock of the N101's today.
    but as it late in china they said they were at home so I'll get the tracking details tomorrow
    hopefully i don't get a fake tracking number.

5. Piers

Piers Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See signature
    Phone:
    See signature
    TV Stick:
    See signature
    I ordered the N101 II from them, claim they have shipped it.

6. PyromaniacB

PyromaniacB Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung GT-N7100
    TV Stick:
    MK808 TV Stick
    I got a tracking number which was changed the next day to a working one, and the tablet already left Hong Kong very quickly, I got a call from DHL already about the Customs import.

7. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    you declared a to low value?

8. PyromaniacB

PyromaniacB Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung GT-N7100
    TV Stick:
    MK808 TV Stick
    No. I don't want to play fraud with the Customs, there is no chance the tablet would get into Finland without them checking the real value. They ask for a photo or a screenshot of the receipt, they don't base the VAT on the value on the package.

You would have to declare the product at under 50 dollars to have any chance at all for it to pass the Customs check, and there's no way that would happen here (even the people at the Finnish Customs realize you can't get a 10.1" tablet for that cheap anywhere).

I don't know if DHL automatically processes the tablet through and asks me for the receipt and then sends me the bill afterwards, or if I have a chance of importing it myself. Doing it myself would be so much better, because it's free here to import stuff by online Customs, and the DHL takes a fee of 16€, I think.. It would be different if I had to go to the Customs myself, but I don't, so the DHL service is quite useless for Finnish people.

EDIT: DHL said they don't take any fees. Great service! The tablet is in the Finnish Customs now.

9. Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector Member

Tablet:
    Google Nexus 7
    Phone:
    Pipo Movie M3
    I have now cancelled my order from Elijah. :roll:

There is just too much confusion over whether there will be a new N101-II (or 2 or 22 or whatever) and whether it will be superior to the N101 i.e. will it have one speaker or two and the other improvements mentioned elsewhere. I asked Elijah to clarify and they said they would reply the next day (Tuesday). Needless to say I have heard nothing.

I will give things a couple of weeks to settle down by which time some people may actually have real mk2 tablets (or not) to see whether it is worth buying over the mk1.

Jez

10. smokieg

smokieg Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    I just checked and i have a legit tracking number for DHL so hopefully wed/thur next week i should receive them. order was placed Friday 3rd Aug.

11. wolfee

wolfee Member

Received my tracking number from them on tuesday and it started working last night ! so hopefully i should receive my n101 2 in a week or two ill keep u updated :)

12. colbrac

colbrac Member

Tablet:
    Window N101
    I ordered a N101 from Elijah on July 26 and had to wait while the page said they had them in stock. Anyway, Tuesday they shipped the package and I just received it. Yay!

But now I find that I have a N101 with 16 GB storage, while the page promised 32 GB storage. Hmmpf. I just asked my contact July how this is possible but she is sleeping. I expect an answer tomorrow. I was initially confusing the 504 MB internal storage with RAM, but RAM seems to be 888 MB from the Running Apps view.

Did anyone else receive a similar downgraded product from Elijah this week?

13. dch2gav

dch2gav Member

Sorry to ask but did you check that the internal storage is 16GB or just read what the cardboard packaging says? Every person here got 16GB package writing but the tablet has 32GB of storage ....

14. colbrac

colbrac Member

Tablet:
    Window N101
    I checked and doublechecked the internal storage in the settings menu. It says 13 something GB :(

Another thing: the tablet shuts down instead of going to sleep when I leave it alone for a few minutes. I'm pretty sure it is not supposed to do that. But I'll fully charge it first now and if that doesn't help I'll try installing a newer firmware (it is #485 now)

15. cjramone

cjramone Member

First, congratulate Tuen for this fantastic forum and for his great job. I decided to go N101 after reading some of his posts and after doing my own comparisons, this will be my first tablet.

I'm a user living in South California (but I have a terrible English....I so difficult to learn English here...), I've ordered from Elijah my N101 last week and yesterday I received a working DHL tracking number, with a little bit of luck I will receive next week a black cover 32GB version...and also with a lot more of luck almost everything will work (I hope..)

I will post my experiences and doubts with the tablet.

One first question which is the best firmware for this tablet right now?

Thank you!!

16. colbrac

colbrac Member

Tablet:
    Window N101
    To continue on the issues I have with my tablet. On my way home the tablet selfdischarged in about 3 hours from ~40% to 12%. When I tried to turn it on the screen becomes garbled for a second, normal again, garbled, etc. I quickly shutdown the tablet again. On the charger the tablet worked great and charged from 12 to 45% while I was playing with it. When it works, it really works great!

I left the tablet on the charger all night and this morning I found that the tablet wouldn't boot anymore beyond the initial boot image (the Droid with 'Dual core tablet pc' screen). No power cycling or long presses helped. Booo!

So just now I managed to flash my tablet with the VonDroid V3 firmware. I was very happy to see it boot again and start up. Yay!

Now the charge level is 82% and with a few minutes play it already drops to 76%. I expect the battery calibration needs some more training.

The issue that the tablet shuts down when it goes to sleep seems to be resolved now that I flashed the V3 firmware. Yay!

17. rattejong

rattejong Member

I'm starting to get annoyed by this seller.
    Full of hope because the advertisement said ''In stock'' i ordered this tablet, 7 days later it's still not shipped.
    After 3 days i got a tracking code, which still doesnt work so i'ts a fake.
    I confrontred him about his business and he denied doing such a thing and the tracking will be updated soon he says.... :roll:
    But I dont think there's any way to cancel the order when he already entered (a fake) shipping code, right?

edit,
    You'll probably think im exaggerating but I asked him straight up to stop the bullshit and tell me when the tablet will be shipped, he continue's these tricks so my trust in this seller is pretty much gone.

18. cjramone

cjramone Member

I feel your pain...this type of behavior as a seller is so so general with the Chinese...but well the other option was to buy an overpriced tablet here (USA), or the same china tablet from a seller here...overpriced, of course. It's always a BIG risk to buy from this people.

I'm waiting for my tablet...but I do not have a ####### idea about what I'm going to receive and in what condition it will be. Fingers crossed.

19. smokieg

smokieg Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    my package has arrived now forwarded for delivery to outlying areas Australia,hopefully delivery will be Monday I'll update when it's here in my hands.

20. smokieg

smokieg Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    I've just received my N101 tablets from elijah package arrived in perfect condition with all the extras i ordered.
    included inside the box - User Manual in english,mini usb to connect to pc,mini usb to female usb adapter the box was also printed not in a plain white box also no headphones :cry: not really worried about them.

running android 4.0.4
    kernel version 3.0.8 root@xingyu-desktop #26 SMP PREEMPT Sat Aug 4 04:50:06 EDT 2012
    build number rk30_ics_v2.23.00
    rk30sdk-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D eng.root.20120719.211420 test-keys

on the first boot on both tablets first thing i noticed was the bleeding which appears to be the same as others have received N101 version1(pics to follow).
    The charger issue also the same with it sticking out 2-3mm as above,I'm charging up both now to ready for a bit of a play/firmware update is there anything i should do before i do.

Attached Files:

Remove Advertisements