Quick impressions + Geekbench and GL bench tests

Discussion in 'N101 Review' started by kdw, Aug 25, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. kdw

kdw Member

Tablet:
    Window N101
    Phone:
    iphone 3gs
    Hi everyone,

got my N101 since 2 days, overall i'm quite happy with it. Build quality, speed etc. is very good, but you could read that in the previous reviews already. I've tried to add some new information by running some benchmarks that i haven't spotted on the forum yet. (scroll down)

Only downside for me is that for now it doesn't run the newspaper app that i'd really like to use (see http://forum.vondroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=489)

I chose to run Geekbench Express and GL Bench 2.5 benchmarks after reading a test in Hardware.info magazine. These benchmarks are available for different platforms, allowing for a comparison with the ipad. Also, one of the GLBench benchmarks is run offscreen, this means you can compare graphics performance independent of screen size/resolution.
    You can see the results of my quick tests in the following image. The values of the other devices are taken from Hardware.info. I would link to their test on their website, but it isn't available online yet.

You can see the rockchip holds its own quite well compared to other modern SOC's. GPU-wise the new ipad is in a class of its own.

You can also spot the Antutu score i got on the stock firmware, mine came with:
    3.0.8+
    root@xingyu-desktop #26
    rk30_ics_v2.23.00
    rk30sdk-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D eng.root.20120719.211420 test-keys

Attached Files:

Remove Advertisements