RK batch tool, load firmware failed, Allfine Fine 10 Joy

Discussion in 'Rockchip' started by basenmerijn, May 23, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. basenmerijn

basenmerijn Member

Tablet:
    fine 10 joy
    We tried to update the firmware of an Allfine fine 10 joy tablet. Some searching showed that it contains a Rockchip processor. So I downloaded the RK batch tool, downloaded the firmware from the Allfine website and installed the USB driver (the tablet is able to connect as a mass storing device to the computer). Next, when I open the RK batch tool (as administrator!), I connect the tablet while holding down the FFM button. The tablet shows up as a green square with 1-1-2 displayed under it.

As far as I can judge, this is still 100% correct. But now when I hit the button at the upper right corner (with ... on it), it and select the system.img file, it shows ''load firmware failed'', as shown below. I tried all sorts of things to prevent this from happening (switched off virus scanner, lowered security setting in my account), but nothing helped.

Does anyone know what I can do to make it load the firmware?

Best regards,

Bas & Merijn.

upload_2014-5-23_20-42-34.png

Attached Files:

2. Dexter Sandigio

Dexter Sandigio Member

TV Stick:
    MK918
    try to click the switch button first...then the green will turn to pink..then you can browse the firmware path..
    after it loads the firmware.. again click switch then it will turn back to green...once it is green you can press "upgrade" or "restore"..

3. basenmerijn

basenmerijn Member

Tablet:
    fine 10 joy
    Dear Dexter,

Thanx for your reply! We tried to use the ''switch'' button, but if we start the connection with the PC by using the FFM button, and then hit ''switch'', the batch tool replies with: ''(layer4-2) this operation didn't do, because of not supporting!''. When we connect the tablet via USB and turn on USB data communication, followed by starting the batch tool, the tablet turns up pink. Then hitting ''switch'' does turn it green (but it will not turn pink again when we hit the switch button again)). Uploading the firmware when it is pink does not work here either...
    Do you have any other suggestions that might help?

Bas & Merijn.

4. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    You have to choose the firmware above, there's nothing listed at your screen shots... click on the right button of the batch tool to choose your firmware and then click upgrade !

Gesendet von meinem DG800 mit Tapatalk

5. basenmerijn

basenmerijn Member

Tablet:
    fine 10 joy
    Dear Mrkus,

Actually, we did try to select the firmware file. The procedure we follow:

1. Click the upper right button (...), and select the firmware IMG file (the SYSTEM.img file in the screenshot below).
    2. Then we click: ''open'', after which the wndow closes & the error:''load firmware failed'' appears.

Do we not have the right IMG file?

Best regards,

Bas & Merijn.

upload_2014-6-21_8-4-29.png

6. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    True, you need a complete img File not only System ! This is one File packed with all Images.

I try to get the right One for you...

EDIT: Personally I dont know if you have Actions or Rockchip, I found only Fine 10 Joy with Actions SOC. You should check this first...
    if it has Actions ATM7029 like I found maybe my next Posts can help...

If it has Rockchip, Maybe your Model Name is different ?! This is Crazy

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  7. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  8. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
  9. basenmerijn

basenmerijn Member

Tablet:
    fine 10 joy
    Dear Markus,

Thanx for all of your time, really appreciate it! there is quiet some time lag between my replies, but this is due to the fact that this is my son's tablet, and since I'm devorced, he (and his tablet) are not always at my place...

I checked the processor (in the (i) tab of the tablet), and it shows the following information:
    modelnumber: rk30sdk (this seems Rockchip to me...)
    Android: 4.1.1
    kernel version: 3.0.8+Yanghui@Mitechsmbaserver#1035

So with this information, can you tell me if it's a Rockchip, or do you need more information (where can I find this)?

Best regards,

Bas & Merijn.

10. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    If you only want to know the processor, just install CPU identifier from Google play... It tells you the truth.

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk

11. basenmerijn

basenmerijn Member

Tablet:
    fine 10 joy
    Dear Markus,

Good hint! The app shows us that the tablet contains a Rockchip RK3066x2 1.416GHz. Tablet type: Rockchip tablet (SDK ROM)... So it seems that they now install different CPU's... Any suggestions how to proceed?

Best regards,

Bas & Merijn.

12. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Im a bit out of that Thread, sorry,...

Yes I also thought that they will do Rockchip now, because the RK3066 is a cheap outdated Chipset and its even popular and faster then the Actions ATM7029 Quad Core.

I´m sorry to ask again what you want to do... I know if you have a Tablet like this one, which is not as popular, it will be hard to get another Firmware then the Original One.
    So if you need a Firmware you need it from your Seller. So if your Original FW runs good, leave it in Place and do not replace it.

Every Firmware for Android Devices are unique ! So you can not flash any RK3066 Firmware you can find, you need the right One for especially your Device.
    If that Tablet runs, just let it be as it is... Rk3066 runs good with 4.1.1 !

13. basenmerijn

basenmerijn Member

Tablet:
    fine 10 joy
    Dear Markus,

The reason we would like to update the tablet is because it gives many error messages like: ''launcher has stopped'' and when downloading apps it has trouble getting it right the first time. I thought updating the firmware would solve these problems...

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

Best regards,

Bas & Merijn.

Remove Advertisements