Tax in different Country

Discussion in 'iAndroider Forums' started by Chigon, Sep 8, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. DaBuzzzzz

DaBuzzzzz Member

Tablet:
    Ta05
    You pay these taxes on any item in your local shops anyhow. That some people dont calculate this as e surplus is on them selves. Fraud doesnt help, It'll make it more expensive as customs have to do al kinds of counter measure or when that is becoming more costly they will confiscade. And beleive you me; They are entitled to do so because It is TAXfraude.
    It is illegal, period! And when your specific tablet goes thru without an extra bill you are lucky! but dont try to bend it and put the seller in an awkward position to raise the change you might squeeze trhu is all i'm saying

2. MarvinO

MarvinO Member

I live in Estonia and my N101 was sent back to China by the Customs Technical Surveillance Unit - NO CE markings and NO model/manufacturer information on the unit is against EU law. I'm still in the process to get my money back from AliExpress.

More information: http://vondroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=577

3. Hoegie

Hoegie Supporter Member

Tablet:
    archos childpad ;-)
    Phone:
    n101 II soon confiscated by my kids
    Personally I donĀ“ t care paying 40 or 50 euro extra taxes, even then it is still a good deal to me.
    But having a tablet confiscated and having the risk for being charged is something completely different.

4. ATAB

ATAB Staff Member Global Moderator

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    I did not mean to suggest anything illegal at all. The local shops (at least here in Europe unlike USA) advertise the final price. So people know beforehand what the deal is...here they just don't..and the it's obviously not only the price or tax issue that might make customs to confiscate the item....

But nevertheless...have you ever seen one package from China that had the correct price assigned? I haven not yet....

5. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2

Exactly that can happen...too

6. DaBuzzzzz

DaBuzzzzz Member

Tablet:
    Ta05
    the Mentioning of the CE certification are indeed mandatory for the entire EU, Please take action on this Iandroider!

7. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Do we have any new insights regarding the tax / vat and CE issue yet?
    Has anyone made an experience in the meantime that is worth sharing?

Thanks

8. palver

palver Member

Tablet:
    Cube U30GT h
    Phone:
    Yuandao?
    First of all - general comment to taxes: NO, I DO NOT benefit from taxes. When somebody (state) legally rob me of my honestly earned money and then give a small portion of it back in services i do not want, it is not a good deal for me. I am perfectly able to decide what to do with my money and don't need corrupted officials and politicians to spend them for me... ;)

Back on topic: If the "item" is declared as MP4 player, or better yet e-book reader with price say 40-50 USD no custom is paid, only VAT (which is 20% in our country). Important thing though: Declaration MUST clearly state the price of shipping (whatever it is - shipping included is OK too). VAT is calculated from total sum of price of product and price of shipping. If customs have all needed information, they do not investigate too thoroughly, so let us provide them. With my tablet battery information (composition and disposal...) was also supplied from seller (Eternal Team). I honestly do not know whether it was necessary or not.

Last remark: UPS expedited (same as other companies) can arrange custom procedures for you (option to do it yourself is time consuming, I can assure you) for a fee. In my case it was about 10 EUR.

Greetings and my experience sent from from Czech Republic

Remove Advertisements