Tricks and Tips

Discussion in 'C8 How to fix/ Problems' started by leeyuentuen, Nov 5, 2011.

Remove Advertisements
  1. leeyuentuen

leeyuentuen Member

2. solmich

solmich Member

Tricks for NOT erasing internal SD when Flashing

Well if you guys like to flash very much, you must be aware of titanium backup, to backup everything you need. I used to use titanium backup also, but after my 2nd and 3rd flashing, I became tired of backup-restore cycle, so here is my way to avoid the flashing process to wipe out my partitions and data: comment all lines contain formatting or making filesystem in utscript.sh, just find them and comment them by adding # in front of each line.

Here's my sample utscipt.sh from Genesis 2.7.3 after commented:
    What I did here is just copying/extracting utv210_root.tgz into NAND partition, which handles system root, and other partitions on my SDCARD remains untouch. If you want also don't want your /data not overwritten, just rename utv210_userdata.tgz into something else.

I have my own 8GB internal SD partition scheme, ie 3GB for /data and 3.5 GB for /sdcard, because I found sometimes /data just out of space if we only focus on /sdcard to be big.

UPDATE:
    Some ROMs' utscript.sh has two blocks of formatting and creating filesystem, beware, and find them all, comment them all. The clue is sd_fdisk /dev/mmcblk0 and mkfs/mkdosfs /dev/mmcblk0pX

Remove Advertisements