Remove Advertisements
  1. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi @Kastriot

Great super!!! we all just need to think if we push harder maybe luck will go our way, and it defiantly shines on you

Basmand

Kastriot likes this.
  2. Kastriot

Kastriot Member

TV Stick:
    Rikomagic MK802IV
    Dear @Tuen and dear @Basmand

I have downloaded for more than 5 times the 3.9.12 version.. I have MK802IV Ver.2 too! When I unrar the rom UpdateIMG.img the size of it is 485 MB and Winrar shows the size of the file 509 MB. Is it corrupted in your server where you uploaded? Can you re-upload somewhere else so I can try again downloading?

Is this the issue why I can't install your rom to my sticks (tried in three different stick and none accepted, all failed to upgrade or restore), tried to Erase IDB and all methods, still not accepting.

Looking forward for a quick answer.

Thanks and regards,
    Kassi

Attached Files:

3. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Hi @Kastriot

Sorry for the late answer, your file is not corrupt, what properties' says are that file size are 485 Mbit and that's the same as (509.325.624 byte). And remember that one Byte are 8 bits!!

I still think that this issue are related to your RK3188-T CPU and the loader in @Tuen ROM, but I an not a developer as @Tuen so he is probably the one who can give a more specific answer.

What TV app are your problem, as I have mention before there are so many ways to "cheat" Google Play in terms of how dose your stick shows up at Play store

Basmand

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  4. Kastriot

Kastriot Member

TV Stick:
    Rikomagic MK802IV
    Yes you are right with 8 bits, I understand that. I have managed to install after 5 hard working hours trying last night this rom thank god :) The issue was with WinRAR it was not the latest version, it was older one I think ver.3.5 and it was not extracting completely, so i had to update with the latest one and then it worked :)

Just two issues raised now which is important to know why; 1. it is rebooting itself with this rom, as an example you boot then it restarts automatically again, then it boots again and its stable and 2. MX Player can't open video files at all, there are three apks which has our TV Channels to watch for free and they are working with MX Player, before I was watching with it's original firmware, since I have installed custom roms I can't watch any of them says "Cannot play this video". I have tried again to reinstall RKMs original rom and now even with that doesn't open these channels... when I try to MK802II model or MK902 model it opens without problems. Does these devices has any codecs pre-installed which I need any script to use to bring it back to work or what happened to my MK802IV... all four (4) of them have the same issue now.

5. totorosa

totorosa Member

TV Stick:
    mk802iv
    Dear Basmand, I had a problem with MK IV 802 16GB, Newly inserted into the TV's HDMI is stuck at the start. I used RKbatch Tool V 1.7 to update the firmaware and got this result.
    Restore ******* Action *********
    Start Restore ******* Total <1> ******
    <layer 3-3> Test Device Start
    <layer 3-3> Test Device Success
    <layer 3-3> Lowerformat Device Start
    <layer 3-3> Lowerformat Device Success
    <layer 3-3> Test Device Start
    <layer 3-3> Test Device Success
    <layer 3-3> Chip Express Start
    Check <layer 3-3> Chip Success
    <layer 3-3> Get FlashInfo Start
    <layer 3-3> Get FlashInfo Success
    <layer 3-3> Prepare IDB Start
    <layer 3-3> Prepare IDB Fail
    Restore Done ******** Success <0> Fail <1> Time <1453> ms ********
    If you can help me solve this problem. Thank you.

6. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi

Have you remember to Erase IDB before you push on "Run" As I have talk with @Kastriot about, most of the times I need to run the install 2 or 3 time in a row before success. Don't push on Erase IDB between tries, just remember to disconnect stick from USB

PS!!!! What firmware are you installing?

Basmand

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  7. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Hi @Kastriot
    What firmware have you installed, this from @Tuen or Neomode 2.1 Beta? If my stick "reboots" most of the times it is be course of different kernels I am trying!! Some firmware needs to boot two times the first time before being stable. (But as said before I am not a developer, just a guy who has had a lot of try and error)

Don't know anything about your .apk problem, if I am in the dark, I always see what "Lucky Patcher" can do for me!!

Sorry more talk than help!!!!!!!

Basmand

8. totorosa

totorosa Member

TV Stick:
    mk802iv
    Hi @Basmand
    I've already sent you an e-mail with the photos of the passages that i've done.
    i've done this passages with a lot of firmware:
    IV 8188 1111
    IV-AP131107
    IV update FW0523
    iv update AP 720p
    i've used also RKAndroidTool
    i don't know what i can do.
    Another question: can i use this passage? :

"1. Short Circuit pin 8&9
    2. Then connect USB
    3. After that, open the Batch Tool and select the firmware
    4. After clicking Restore button, when it restarts you must do again short circuit to the same pins 8&9 for just a second then remove the short."

Thanks.

9. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi

The reason I ask have you erased IDB, was that I was not able to se this information on your picture. Yes you can short pin 8&9 (this is the last way to solve issues) With this new Stick, I think that you shall install "Neomode Custom Rom MK802IV / MK809III 2.1 BETA RK3188-T and RK3188" or stock firmware.

Basmand

Remove Advertisements