Guide what tablet to chose 10"

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales' started by tulik, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Remove Advertisements
  1. tulik

tulik Member

Hi
    before i read here , i was stuck between two tablets
    the CUBE u30gt & the Pipo M2
    now i saw also the Ainol Novo 10
    i am looking for a nice 10" tablet for my son that will support
    1.Hebrew
    2.PlayMarket
    3.good wifi
    4,firmware upgrades
    5.good display and sound
    6.good cameras

Please assist

2. oubbou

oubbou Member

Right now, probably Pipo M3 might be the one eyed among blind as the overall quality should be a bit superior to other candidates Window n101 II and Cube u30gt. But there has been some wifi issues with it lately.
    In close future (next month - month and half):
    • the Ainol novo 10 hero could be worth considering (in terms of graphic performence is a bit weaker than the three mentioned above).
    • Ramos w30 - could best performing chinese tab (but it's too soon to be sure about anything - from what is known so far, it might not have bluetooth or hdmi or might have a sucky battery)
    In more distant future the ainol quad core devices (hero 2, captain) might be ok, but first news indicates that ainol might use a joke of a graphic chip which would make these devices pretty much ubuyable.

If you are looking to buy now, forget the future options as it usually takes about a month from start of selling for a chinese tablet to become usable. Also, you can't be sure about anything about a chinese tablet until somebody actually gets it and post a review of it.

To sum it up, go for Pipo M3 and pray that you get a unit with new MOBO and workin wifi. ;)
    Buying chinese tablets is a risky business and it will stay this way for some time.

Note: This is based on my opinions and informations i've been able to gather on forums such as this one. Not every body here will agree.

3. AbDroid

AbDroid Member

4. tulik

tulik Member

Hi Oubbou
    thanks for the detailed answer
    on the Hero 2 i saw Mali-400x2 Dual Core GPU for graphics ,this is agood graphics chip , no ?
    what is the new MOBO ?
    all of them support Hebrew ?
    does the stores root the tablets ?

i would like to ear more thoughts

thanks

5. oubbou

oubbou Member

Probably talking about Hero I which has Mali-400x2 as the GPU for Hero is not really confirmed yet. The first three tablets i mentioned use Rockchip RK3066 (dual core CPU, quad core GPU Mali400-x4). The hero uses AMLogic 8726-M6(dual core CPU, dual core GPU mali400-x2). That means RK3066 powered tablet can in theory have twice better graphic performance. I'm sure you can google actual benchmark results and compare these two.
    Mobo = Motherboard. The first version had CPU running on ~250Mhz and no way to fix it.
    every android tablet does.
    Certainly not all of them. Some may. Contact their support and find out more.
    I think I gave you pretty good start info to current situation regarding 10.1 inch tablets. More is up to you. You can find a lot more information on this site or eg on slatedroid.com to help you choose a tablet.
    If you dont mind 9.7 tablets there is probably more to choose from at the moment.

6. tulik

tulik Member

Thank you very much

its hard to track what tablet ......

again thanks allot

TK

7. AbDroid

AbDroid Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Remove Advertisements