Where to order N101 II

Discussion in 'N101 II Shipping, Order and Reviews' started by Tuen, Aug 9, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. wibbaboo

wibbaboo Member

Tablet:
    htc one x
    Phone:
    N101-ii
    UPDATE:
    Tablet arrived today - had to pay £31.25 to UPS for the privilege :(

My kids have confiscated it - given it to the elves... and taken it to the North Pole for safe keeping until Christmas Day.

The review will have to wait...

Merry Christmas Everyone

2. wibbaboo

wibbaboo Member

Tablet:
    htc one x
    Phone:
    N101-ii
    OK - So I've had a chance to have a good play with the N101-II
    Well packaged - and happy with the courier service from UPS - although I will not use them again to see if I can avoid the import tax.
    As soon as I Unpacked it I noticed a scratch on the screen - with what looks like dead pixels around it.. (see upload)
    so I was gutted about that..
    I powered on and started WIFI set up... At first this did not seem to work but after the 4th attempt it connected and since this time I have had no issues (7 different WIFI networks). The range seems OK for me - every room in the house is as much as I can hope for.
    Impressed by the battery life (lasts a lot longer than my HTC One X).
    Its running 4.1.1 and I'm using the stock firmware sent with the tablet.
    Playstore Link was included and I haven't had any problems with APPS apart from NATWEST Bank.
    The Cameras are really bad - but I knew that from the previous posts.
    I'm not a gamer so maybe not pushing the graphics as I could - but I have to say the screen is very good to my (old) eyes !!
    Sound is OK nothing special
    I ordered the Leather case with the tablet - and I do quite like it - does the job...
    Bought a 8GB SD Card for £6 in Maplin which works well - haven't tried the usb ports or HDMI yet

When powered up I do not notice the scratch - and I do not want to go through the hassle of sending it back - so I'm in conversation with AliExpress to see what they can offer me as a good will gesture..
    I am so impressed overall with the tablet - I'm looking to buy a 7" one for my girlfriend.

That's it - I looked at rooting the device but I see no real benefit to me - so may continue to use the stock firmware.

Attached Files:

3. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    you are sure it is a dead pixel? not a bubble from your screenprotector?

4. wibbaboo

wibbaboo Member

Tablet:
    htc one x
    Phone:
    N101-ii
    Thanks Tuen - you are right I squeezed the bubble out and its now perfect..:)
    5 star product

5. teraboy

teraboy Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao n101 II
    update for the shipping-02 Jan 2013 13:52:00 Insert item into domestic bag

The tablet is a few days away from my hands.
    I can't wait to start using it.
    03.01.2013 I took it from the post office near home.
    For free shipping it was swift delivery considering the holidays from 12.12.12 to 03.01.13 there were a lot of non working days so i am happy with the delivery.
    The tablet seems to all ok for the brief moments i used it today.But there is a problem with the charger.
    The charger itself was in separate box which was obviously damaged despite the fact every thing else was fine.I think it was already in bad condition when was put together with the tablet box and the PU leather case for the tablet.I wrote about that to ET and i will inform you about the issue.

I am happy about the tablet it seems a fine purchase so far and i am happy of the seller fast free delivery ,
    a good price , good communication so far and i will see if they resolve the charger problem.

6. IronLion

IronLion Member

Tablet:
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro
    How is your touchscreen? Does it have any multitouch issues?
    Any more impressions you can share now that you've had it for a few days?
    Cheers! =)

7. pedalo

pedalo Member

Hello everyone. This is my first post, but I have been watching this forum for months now. I would like to inform you about my experience with buying this product. I decided to buy Yuandao N101 2nd gen and I didn't want to order it from China due to customs and taxes. I found one online store called origincomputers.co.uk. The price was quite good (150 pounds). I received a product after one week and I was very disappointed, because they sent me the old version. i didn't want to return it back because it was a new year gift for my little sister. I informed the seller about the situation, but he didn't respond. After my second mail he responded and agreed to give me 20 pounds refund, but i never got the money. He is not answering to my maills and I wrote him at least 5 times.
    He is not serious. In his internet site it is clearly written that he is selling 2nd generation N101 (even picture shows it). So I suggest you to avoid this seller if you don't want to have simililar experince as me.

8. jangeisler

jangeisler Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao n101 II
    Hi all. Just for your info... There's an annoying defect on the n101 II, the multitouch doesn't work as it should. Single touch works perfectly, but multitouch doesn't.
    When you touch the screen 2 places or more, one of the places either doesn't react, or it jitters badly. So while everything except for the touchscreen is great, it's very very annoying when I try to use it with "gamepad" type games, and sometimes also zooming. The momo12 is said to be just as good - or better, and AFAIK it doesn't have the touch problems.

Remove Advertisements